Historic District Planning Process Kicks- off Monday
Who: Beaver Borough Historical Architectural Review Board (HARB) and RGA Consultants will begin a 6 month process to develop a Historic Preservation Plan for Beaver’s National Historic District (HD). The plan is 100% financed by Shell Appalachia.
What: In consultation with the HARB Planning Steering Committee and informed by the public participation the process the Plan will:
- Assess current and future HD preservation needs;
- Suggest best practice management approaches for historic resources;
- Review the legal basis for implementation of recommended preservation policies;
- Provide general, relative cost analyses for goals, policies and implementation strategies articulated in the Plan;
- Based on public input, include an analysis of Beaver Borough’s historic preservation ordinance with recommendations for the existing HARB ordinance
When/Where: Borough Community Room – Monday, November 13, 2017 – 7 PM
Why: The public 2013 online community attitudes survey conducted as part of the Borough’s Comprehensive Plan update revealed 88% of Borough residents strongly agreed or agreed that HD preservation activities are valuable and similarly 80% favored guidelines for rehab and construction in the HD. The HARB believes there it is critically important to engaged an informed public in this planning process to present Council with a well- considered approach to HD preservation fitting Beaver’s future needs.
We hope to see you there!