Local Tax Collector
- All employed residents of the Borough of Beaver are subject to a 1% quarterly tax on gross earnings, paid to the Beaver Area School District and Beaver Borough at 0.5% each. If you are employed within Beaver, your employer must withhold the tax from your regular pay. The Earned Income Tax Collector for Beaver is Berkheimer. Ph 1‐800‐360‐8989.
Local Tax Collector – Janet Shute is located at Huntington Bank Building, 650 Corporation St., 4th Floor – Suite 403, Beaver. Ph 724‐774‐1686.
Effective July 1, 2018 – New Hours:
Office hours Wednesday’s 5:00PM – 7:00PM, Thursday’s 9:00AM – 11:00AM.
In addition, Saturday’s 9:00AM – 11:00AM during the discount months of March, April, July and August only.
- TAX OFFICE WILL BE CLOSED JULY 4 – JULY 10, 2019
What is a PSD Code?
PSD Codes (political subdivision codes) are six-digit numbers that uniquely identify each municipality—township, borough, city—in Pennsylvania. PSD Codes play an integral role in assisting employers and tax collectors to remit and distribute the correct amount of local Earned Income Tax to the correct taxing jurisdictions. Beaver Borough’s PSD Code is 040301. Make sure it is on your paycheck!
Employees are required to complete a Residency Certification Form upon hire (and with any subsequent change in address) in order to confirm the PSD Codes and EIT Rates being used by the employer for the employees’ local taxing purposes. Employers maintain this form in the employees’ personnel files.
- The first TWO (2) digits of a PSD Code represent the Tax Collection District (TCD)—in most cases, the county—in which the address is located.
- In combination, the first FOUR (4) digits of a PSD Code represent the School District (SD) in which the address is located.
- In combination, all SIX (6) digits of a PSD Code represent the political subdivision (PSD)—township, borough, city—in which the address is located.
For more information on PSD Codes click here
Employer Registration For Business Privilege / Mercantile
Online registration form: https://www.hab-inc.com/employer-registration-business-privilege-mercantile/
Business Privilege Tax Forms
Inquiries? Call 610-599-3140 or submit a question via email: BPT@hab-inc.com
Additional resources for Business Privilege Tax found Taxpayer Information on www.hab-inc.com