The Beaver Area School District is a highly regarded public school system with proven results, consistently producing superior educational opportunities for its students. “Beaver Area is a top-performing, low-spending district” (Beaver County Times). In 2015, the Pittsburgh Business Times ranked the Beaver Area High School #30 out of 121 Western-PA schools. Additionally, Dutch Ridge Elementary and College Square Elementary both received the Governor’s Award for Excellence in Academics in 2015.
Students at Beaver Area High School are required to take three high-stakes Keystone exams prior to graduation. The percent of students scoring proficient or advanced (% superior) on each exam is used to determine part of the School Performance Profile (SPP) score. Beaver Area High School earned the second highest rating in 2015:
Additional Beaver Area High School Stats:
|Keystone Algebra I (% Superior)||87%|
|Keystone Literature (% Superior)||88%|
|Keystone Biology (% Superior)||75%|
|SAT College Ready Benchmark*||100%|
|Cohort Graduation Rate||96%|
*The SAT College Ready Benchmark is the percent of high school seniors who score 1550 or higher on their SAT and/or 22 or higher on the ACT.
We encourage you to use PASchoolPerformance.org website to research and compare Beaver Area School District with all other public school districts in the Commonwealth (n=499). This School Performance website is sponsored and updated annually by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
Beaver Area High School offers a robust Advanced Placement (AP) program as well as a College in High School program (CHS) for students seeking dual enrollment. Courses include:
AP Biology AP Calculus AP Chemistry
AP European History AP Psychology AP Spanish
AP Studio Art AP World History AP Calculus
AP US Gov’t and Politics CHS Physics CHS Statistics
AP Language and Composition AP Literature and Composition
The graphic below shows Beaver Area High School’s AP test scores for students scoring a 3 or higher between 2011 and 2015 as compared to the state and the world. The reader will notice that Beaver Area High School consistently outperforms state and global test-takers.
Other nearby important educational resources include:
- Sts. Peter & Paul Catholic School (K-8) Beaver, PA, provides opportunities for students to obtain a distinctive, faith-based education centered on the teachings of Christ while providing the foundation for every student to achieve academic excellence and the opportunities for success.
- Lincoln Park Performing Arts Charter School (LPPACS) Midland, PA. Founded in 2006, LPPACS is a tuition-free public charter school. It offers world-class training for Pennsylvania students in music, theater, dance, creative writing, media arts, and health science and the arts, along with a flexible and challenging academic program.
- Quigley Catholic High School Baden, PA, Quigley is recognized as a “School of Excellence” by the Cardinal Newman Society placing it in the to 5% of Catholic high schools nationwide.
- Geneva College Beaver Falls, PA, provides an academically excellent, affordable Christian education for traditional undergraduate students, adult students interested in classroom and fully online options, and professionals seeking high-demand advanced graduate degrees. Geneva’s programs are recognized for their high quality, with U.S. New & World Report consistently ranking Geneva as a Top 10 Best Regional Value and Geneva’s engineering program as one of the Top 100 in the nation.
- Penn State – Beaver Campus Center Township, PA, offers six baccalaureate degrees and the first two years of nearly all Penn State’s 160+ degree programs, plus a wide range of student organizations and a successful athletics program. In fact, Beaver teams have won 18 Penn State University Athletic Conference championships in the past 10 years. We are … Penn State.
- Community College of Beaver County Center Township, PA